Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What courses should I take?

New students should plan to attend a beginning -of-year meeting with the Graduate Admissions and Advising Committee (GAAC). The GAAC and your faculty advisor can make recommendations of which courses to take. 

In order to complete major/minor requirements in advance of the preliminary examinations, students should plan on enrolling for at least nine units (to include one minor course). You may also want to register for the field trip course, PTYS 590. Please note that enrollment requirements may also depend on the terms of your student visa or funding/fellowship arrangements.

Please refer to the LPL course listing as you consider enrollment.