Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Can I be admitted as a transfer graduate student?

Please review the Graduate College policy on transfer credit. Students who wish to transfer to the Ph.D. program must submit the admission application for the University of Arizona and the Department of Planetary Sciences.

Graduate credit earned at other approved institutions may be counted toward the requirements of a doctoral degree, but will not be included in the calculation of the University of Arizona G.P.A. Transferred units are subject to the following restrictions:

  • The credits must be approved by the major or minor department and the Graduate College.
  • The minimum grade for transferred credits must be an A or B or the equivalent at the institution where course was taken.
  • Transferred units may not count toward more than one doctorate.
  • A maximum of 30 units of transfer coursework may be used toward the Ph.D requirements. Students who wish to transfer credit must submit a Transfer Credit form in GradPath before the end of their first year of study to have the courses evaluated for transfer eligibility.