Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is graduate student Advanced Status?

Please review the Graduate College Minimum/Full-Time Enrollment policy or contact Amy Brenton, PG4gdWVycz0iem52eWdiOm5jb2VyYWdiYUBuZXZtYmFuLnJxaCI+bmNvZXJhZ2JhQG5ldm1iYW4ucnFoPC9uPg==.

A student who has completed all course work, the thesis/dissertation unit requirements, has advanced to candidacy, is working on the thesis/dissertation, and is not employed as a Graduate Assistant/ Associate or student worker may apply for advanced status (PDF), which allows 1 unit of 900-level credit for full-time status. The full-time status enrollment minimums apply to students wishing to defer federal loan repayments, to international students with F or J visa status, and/or to students receiving University funding other than wages.